So #SMWMusicAfrica day happened on Wednesday and I thought I’d let you know that if you’re all about music, you missed!
Quick run through all that happened in a couple of bullet points:
- The events were hosted by BeatFm and they put together all the relevant topics that touched on the artists, the industry and the music itself
- We had “guest appearances” from Dbanj, Soundcity, DJ Jimmy Jatt … you name it, they showed up
- There was in-depth conversation on the beauty of our music traveling all over the world and the impact it has and can have on the industry as well as how much credit artists are getting from the widespread
- The best DJs gave tips on everything you need to know to advance a DJ career in a digital world
- We met the great Fela Anikulapo Kuti’s manager, Rikki Stein, and trust me when I say he brought to live the passion that only Fela’s aficionados know
- If you ever wondered how artists make money off their hits, check out #BeatToBucks
- We had a panel discuss the Future of Live Music; it was as funny and real as it gets.
Frankly, I’m super excited about where African music is headed. The future is gonna be lit!